Features of the Program
- Development of Deep Listening, Mindfulness & Creativity
- Systematic Method of Music Improvisation
- Personalized Training with Expert Mentors
- Access to a Global Community & Online Mentoring Calls
- Spontaneous Composition & Homeplay Assignments
- Music, Movement & Creative Play Creating Numinous Experiences
- Improves ear training
- Enhances performance skills
- Reinforces listening
- Teaches innovation and creativity
- Encourages self-expression
- Promotes pattern recognition
- Boosts brain function and connectivity
For Therapists and Wellness Practioners
- Enhances communication
- Develops mindfulness
- Helps reduce self-criticism and judgment
- Clint Goss, Ph.D.
Author: The Native Flute Handbook
Websites: Flutopedia.com, FluteCast.com, NativeFluteHandbook.com
- Irene Feher, D.Mus.
Founder: Living Your Music
- Neil Tatar
Imaginary Road Studios Recording Artist
- Stuart Fuchs
Performer Touring with Babik and Snatam Kaur
- Thomasina Levy
Hearts of Space Recording Artist
Click to Learn About Each Level
Use these techniques along with your own practices to go deeper into your personal musical process. It is a year for working on your own musicianship, starting to develop your leadership style and getting acquainted with and integrated into the MfP community.
We expect that someone who completes this level will be able to provide a basic level of musicianship, improvisation, performance and facilitation of groups of improvisors. This would include “homeplay” recordings, informal improvised performances and community music-making experiences.
- Attend three Adventures in Improvisation workshops.
- Demonstrate basic proficiency in utilizing MfP activities/structures in their playing.
- Demonstrate proficiency in leading basic MfP activities for small groups, informal gatherings and/or with private students.
- Deliver one informal MfP gathering and/or performance.
- Complete the Homeplay assignments for each module:
Module 1: Core MfP Skills
Module 2: Rhythmic Explorations
Module 3: Melodic Explorations