Live Your Music in Montreal!
Date(s) - Nov-02-2019 - Nov-03-2019
Starting at 10:00 AM
1450 Rue Guy, Montreal QC - Montreal - QC - Canada
Live Your Music in Montreal – 2-Day Intensive Music For People Workshop
November 2-3, 2019
Tuition Saturday & Sunday: $300.00 (Canadian Dollars)
Tuition for Saturday only: $150.00 (Canadian Dollars)
Location: Concordia University Department of Music: 8th Floor, 1450 Rue Guy, Montreal, QC H3H OH1 Canada (right in the heart of beautiful downtown)
Over the last 33 years members of the American non-profit organization Music for People (founded in 1986 by Grammy Award winning cellist David Darling, and flutist Bonnie Insull) have been promoting a holistic and humanistic approach to the way music is learned and shared through the art of music improvisation. The philosophy and techniques created by Music for People encourage personal expression, and are immediately accessible to people of all levels of musical experience and musical-cultural backgrounds. A variety of facilitated activities will be offered including: improvisation in large and small groups, vocal exploration, drumming, sound bath, and more. Interactive leading labs will also be featured for those interested in learning and developing music facilitation skills.
A weekend with Music For People is an unforgettable experience that will leave you inspired and energized. Bring your musical instruments, bring your voice, bring your love for music, and discover the powerful potential that creative musical play can have on well-being and community.
- Music Educators: learn innovative approaches to facilitate music improvisation in the classroom and community.
- Music Therapists: learn new ways to explore personal expression that you can bring to your practice.
- Everyone: learn how mindfulness and creativity can deepen your listening, awaken your musical intuition, kindle (or rekindle) your love of music. Feel the pure joy that being in music gives us.
- Members of Music For People, graduates of the Musicianship Leadership program, and current participants in the MLP program: come and make music in a vibrant and creative city, make new friends, and help us spread this beautiful body of work!
Join Irene Feher, and very special guest internationally known Music for People facilitator Mary Knysh for an amazing adventure in sound.
Accommodations for those traveling to Montreal: The Concordia student residence is not available during the fall and winter but affordable accommodations can be found through Airbnb and other travel websites.
- To register, select the number of tuition and housing spaces you need.
- If you have a login with Music for People, enter the username and password which automatically populates the informational fields.
- If this is your first login on this website, fill in all the fields to complete your registration. A username and password will be emailed to you for future registrations.