Module 1 - Online Zoom Meetings
November 14, 2021 - January 16, 2022
2:00 pm - 11:55 pm
Register for the Musicianship and Leadership Program
Music for People’s Musicianship and Leadership Program (MLP) offers advanced training in improvisational musicianship and group facilitation. Recommended for educators, musicians, music-lovers, facilitators, therapists & healing practitioners, this three level program focuses on various aspects of musical development with attention given to each participant’s goals and aspirations.
Each year of training is divided into three modules. Each module includes a series of online Zoom meetings once a month and the opportunity to attend in-person events offered by the regional programs in Montreal and Syracuse as well as Music for People’s weekends and events.
Participants in the 2021-22 Musicianship and Leadership Program will receive:
Monthly online class, Sunday 2:00-4:00 p.m. Eastern time, usually the second Sunday of the month, beginning in November:
- Nov. 14, Dec. 12, Jan. 9: Module One, Melody and Core MfP Skills
- Feb. 13, March 13, March 27: Module Two, Rhythm
- April 10, May 15, June 12: Module Three, Form and Harmony
Three of those sessions (Jan. 9, March 27, June 12) will include small-group or one-on-one mentoring with MfP grads to provide support and feedback on homeplays.
- Homeplay assignments to be recorded in advance or completed live during mentoring sessions
- Asynchronous content to use between sessions: video, print, and audio, including David Darling speaking about the work
- Play along tracks for home improv practice
- Access to Soundtrap (online recording platform) through MfP’s educational account
- Collab Lab, MfP’s ongoing international collaborative recording project
- Optional open MfP jams online on the 4th Sunday of the month with the larger MfP community, including opportunities to facilitate.
$199 USD per module or $550 USD for all 3 modules
There will be additional charges to attend in-person events offered by the regional programs in Montreal and Syracuse as well as Music for People’s weekends and events.
To register online for the MLP program, make 1 selection below in each of the following 3 categories:
- MLP Program: Pay for each module separately OR pay for the entire year and get a discount.
- Return to Child: This book is available as a PDF download OR, for US residents and Montréal residents, in hardcopy.
- Membership: Yearly membership in Music for People is required for the MLP program, and is available at Individual, Student/Senior or Family levels.
Venue: MLP Training
There are monthly MLP sessions held online on Zoom as well as other in-person events in different locations.