Module 1 - Online Zoom Meetings
October 16, 2022 - December 11, 2022
2:00 pm - 11:55 pm
Register for the Musicianship and Leadership Program – Worldwide
Music for People’s Musicianship and Leadership Program (MLP) offers advanced training in improvisational musicianship, performance and group facilitation. Recommended for educators, musicians, music-lovers, facilitators, therapists & healing practitioners, this three level program focuses on various aspects of musical development with attention given to each participant’s goals and aspirations.
Read more about the Musicianship and Leadership Program.
Each year of training is divided into three modules. Each module includes online Zoom meetings and the opportunity to attend in-person events offered by the regional programs in Montréal and Syracuse as well as Music for People’s weekends and events.
Participants in the 2022-2023 Musicianship and Leadership Worldwide Program will receive:
Monthly online class, Sunday 2:00-4:00 p.m. Eastern time beginning in October (usually – but not always – the second Sunday of the month):
- Oct. 16, Nov. 20, Dec. 11: Module One: Melody and Core MfP Skills
- Jan. 8, Feb. 12, Mar. 12: Module Two: Rhythm
- Apr. 16, May 21, June 11: Module Three: Form and Harmony
Three of those sessions (December 11, March 12, June 11) will include small-group or one-on-one mentoring with MfP grads to provide support and feedback on homeplays.
- Homeplay assignments to be recorded in advance or completed live during mentoring sessions
- Asynchronous content to use between sessions: video, print, and audio, including David Darling speaking about the work
- Access to an online portal for recordings of the online sessions and any asynchronous content.
- Play along tracks for home improv practice
- Optional – Participation in Collab Lab, MfP’s ongoing international collaborative recording project
- Optional – Participation in open MfP jams online on the 4th Sunday of the month with the larger MfP community, including opportunities to facilitate.
- $500 USD for all 3 online modules; $175 USD per module if paying separately
- Additional charges to attend in-person events offered by the regional programs in Montréal and Syracuse as well as Music for People’s weekends and events. For MLP participants to advance to the next level of the program, you will be required to attend some in person events during the year and/or the weeklong Art of Improvisation workshop held in the summer.
To register online for the MLP program, make 1 tuition selection below:
- MLP Program Tuition: Pay for each module separately OR pay for the entire year and get a discount.
- Return to Child: This book is available from the MfP office as a PDF download OR, for US residents and Montréal residents, in hardcopy.
- Additional recommended training materials are listed in the MLP brochure.
Venue: MLP Training
There are monthly MLP sessions held online on Zoom as well as other in-person events in different locations.