Improvised Music Harvest 2017
Date(s) - Sep-15-2017 - Sep-17-2017
Starting at 6:00 PM
Wildacres Retreat - Little Switzerland - NC - United States
Music for People is dedicated to re-vitalizing your music-making and promoting music as a means of self-expression. We welcome everyone – regardless of musical experience. This beautiful location overlooking the Blue Ridge Mountains supports your musical exploration.
Here’s what was said about the Wildacres Retreat in 2016:
- The 2016 Improvised Music Harvest was met with beautiful weather, great food, wonderful teaching, and a gathering of beautiful “musicking” artists who made the pilgrimage from as far as Massachusetts and New Orleans. This past September was the fourth time that Wildacres Retreat has hosted the gathering, on top of a mountain with breath-taking views near the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina, thanks to the Blumenthal Foundation.
- Under the guidance of the wonderful staff, participants explored Music For People Basics, Creative Motion, Found Objects As A Way Into Improvisation, Accessing Rhythm For Improvisation, and Vocal Play And Improvisational Landscapes.
- To register, select the number of tuition and housing spaces you need.
- If you have a login with Music for People, enter the username and password which automatically populates the informational fields.
- If this is your first login on this website, fill in all the fields to complete your registration. A username and password will be emailed to you for future registrations.